by: A. Baetiong
by: A. Baetiong
If you want to visit Ilocos region from your furnished apartment in Novaliches, you will need a stop over in Baguio City. I strongly suggest that you have a 2-3 days stay in Baguio, before touring Ilocos. Ilocos is 1 hour from Baguio, but during summer months, traveling from Manila to Ilocos is really hot. You can get a nice colour sun tan, just remember to put on sun block.
Ilocos region contains some of the places that comprise the tourist hot spots in the country. Literally it is really “hot” in the province. Most of the streets are made of Spanish old stones. It is like staying in Rome at the height of summer. The only difference is in the morning when the mists are still in the air. Thus if you like to tour Ilocos, you have to start early in the morning.
Two of the most famous provinces in the said region are Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur. Basically, these two Ilocos provinces are just the few in the Philippines which preserved its historical culture; the old Spanish vibe; from houses to roads. This is just one of the many reasons why both Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur are pleasing to the eyes of not only Filipino but also to different tourists.
Ilocos Norte, capital – Laoag City; a first class city. The City is not only the sit for the local politics, but also for commercial and industrial matters. Aside from these, Laoag City is the home of the famous tourist attractions that made they come over and over again; Fort Ilocandia Hotel and Resort, and Pagudpud. Moreover, the City is well-known for its old architectures and baroque churches, which we can trace back to Spanish era.
Ilocos Sur, capital – Vigan City. One of the places settled by Spanish conquerors. The whole place itself can be considered as the tourist destination because almost anywhere, you can still see old houses built during Spanish colonial era. The roads and other passageways are likewise century old, yet they still maintained their structure. Like Laoag City, Vigan is also the home for old baroque or castellan churches.
Isn’t it tempting to visit these two magnificent cities and their corresponding attractions? You can either ride a plane or bus to arrive at these cities. Laoag has its own international airport which accepts travels to and from Hongkong and China, as well as domestic airlifts from Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific. To both cities, Partas Transportation Company and Philippine Rabbit Lines provide for land transportation. Additionally, Maria de Leon, RCJ Lines and Farinas Transit Company provide services for travelers going to Laoag City.
We usually visit Ilocos at 7 a.m. in the morning, and we end our tour at 10:00 a.m. Lunch is at 11:00 a.m. In house touring in some museum is at its best at after lunch, to avoid the heat of the sun.
Bring a cool cotton shirt for the men or blouse for the ladies. Do not forget your cool bottle of water at all times, and your camera. Apply sun block and wear your summer hat at all times.
- HOW TO ENJOY THE BEACH IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Luggage Checklist Summer Travel in the Philippines
- Summer Vacation Rentals in the Philippines: How to Treat Jellyfish Stings in the Philippines
- Summer Vacation Rentals in the Philippines: Avoiding Jellyfish Bites
- What to do in the Philippines During Holy Week
Quezon City Tourist Spots
- Beauty Travel Tips
- Christmas in the Philippines
- Corporate Housing
- Delicious Healthy Recipes
- Famous Filipinos
- Furnished Apartment
- Manila Tourist Spots
- North Luzon Tourist Spots
- Philippines Festivities and Celebrations
- Philippines Food
- Philippines Fresh Markets
- Philippines in Rainy Season
- Philippines Itinerary
- Philippines Summer Time
- Philippines Summer Vacation Lent
- Philippines Top Tourist Spot
- Philippines Tour Itinerary Day to Day from your Furnished Apartment Novaliches 09175623143
- Philippines Tourist Spots – Undiscovered
- Philippines Transportation
- Philippines Vacation Rentals
- Philippines Warm Holidays Movies To Watch
- Pogi Tips for Men
- Quezon City No Work Days
- Quezon City Tourist Spots
- South of Philippines Tour
- Tour Plan in Quezon City
- Tour Plan Philippines
- Travel Tips Rainy Season
- Travel Warnings
- Undiscovered Tour Spots in the Philippines
- Vigan Longganisa